Sunday, January 25, 2009

 

The New Journey

Financial journey in the past year (2008) was not pleasant at all as a result of the collapse of the stock markets worldwide. The performance of the fund I manage can't escape the blatant situation as well. Yet, it really teaches me good lessons and provides me opportunities to reshuffle my portfoilo.

Before the sharp decline, I had a remarkable gain in two long-term investments. These two investments started to show some signs of weary, yet I was too complacent. By the time, I cashed out, the value has dropped substantially from its peak.

At the peak of the market in 2008, I found it difficult to get a good bargian I've found a few years ago. Yet, instead of patiently holding cash and awaiting for the opportunity, I kept on investing in fundamentally sound companies though margin of safety is narrowed. The diversion from the "margin of safety" concept costs my portfolio very dear.

And just before the crash approached, I moved to Australia for working in September. At the time I moved, the commodity prices set a record high before tumbling down at a rate we've never seen in history. Fortunately and fortuitously, I managed to come here before the demise of the resource boom. I hope my career here will not end so soon and thus that will give me chances to invest here.

In Australian stock exchange market (ASX), there are plenty of fundamentally sound companies which can be invested for a long term. Unlike SET, it tends to be short lived.

And here is my new journey in the stock market of the Down Under.

Comments:
อยากมีความรู้ และทักษะการเขียนภาษาอังกฤษแบบนี้บ้างจังเลยครับ ^^
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?